Before going to change or edit your Blogger Theme, you need to take its backup first. Otherwise, you will be in trouble if any error appears in your code or somehow if you are not satisfied with the new look. Backup file helps you to revert back to your Blogger Theme to its original form.
Here in this guide, I will show you that how you can easily take the backup of your Blogspot theme and restore it.
How to Backup your Blogger Theme
Follow this easy step-by-step guide to take the backup of the Blogger theme.
- Sign In to your Blogger account.
- In your Blogger dashboard, click on Theme in the left menu.
- Click on the Backup / Restore button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on Download theme button in the Backup / Restore pop-up window.
On clicking Download theme button, the file having a .xml extension will be download in your computer Hard Drive. To check the downloaded file, press Ctrl+J in your keyboard.
NOTE: This will only back up the look of your blog, not the posts and comments.
How to Restore your Blogger Theme
If any error appeared in the code or if you are not satisfied with the new look, then you can revert back to its original theme by using the backup file. Here's how to do it.
- Re-access the Backup / Restore pop-up window.
- Click on Choose File button and navigate to the backup file that you have downloaded in your system having a .xml extension and then click on Open button.
- Click on Upload button.